I want use this transformer to power Arduino which will control 8 5V relay. I'm overwhelmed by variety of transformers. Here are few points/question I have in my mind.
- I need small transformer as I've to mount it on PCB.
- I/P voltage 230 VAC, O/P 9 VAC.
- I'll use IN4007 as rectifier. Is this a right choice or IN4001 does better?
- I will use an LM7805 to step down DC.
- I've narrowed down my search to EE13 transformer but I don't have any idea what function is performed by it's 10 Pins. All I know is 2 pin for input and another 2 pin for output. EE13 is a high frequency transformer. Do high frequency brings any benefit in this case or low frequency transformer would fine? Is there any better substitute for EE13?
- A supplier asked for these info: Inductance, IDC, RDC, withstand voltage. Here is my go: Inductance: Don't know, IDC = 150 mA, RDC = Not sure, Withstand Voltage = 260 VAC. Will you please help me quoting Inductance and RDC?
- I would use a 10 uF electrolyte capacitor and a .01 uF ceramic capacitor to filter the noise and ripples. Am I correct on this?
- I will use a 2N2222 to turn on the PCB mountable sugar cube 5V relays.