Can you please help me identify these components and state their function? These were taken from the inside of a digital thermometer.
It looks like the baby got your digital thermometer.
Can you please help me identify these components and state their function?
- LCD (liquid crystal display) provides a human readable display of the temperature in adequate light.
- Metallic contacts provide connections - most likely from the circuit board to the battery (see below).
- Screw(s) skruː noun, a short, slender, metal pin with a raised helical thread running around it and a slotted head, used to join things together by being rotated so that it pierces wood or other material and is held tightly in place.
- Probably the push-button membrane which is designed to bridge out contacts on the PCB to turn on and off the thermometer.
- A 'coin' cell to power the electronics.
- A piezo buzzer used to generate an audible 'beep' when a stable measurement has been obtained.
- The battery cap.
Check the baby's diaper / nappy for the rest of the parts including the sensor and PCB.