I want to design a pulse transformer to drive a MOSFET.
Parameters are as follows:
- Voltage = 15V
- Current = 2A
- Switching Frequency : 400kHz.
- Ratio 1:1.
- Duty Cycle = 50%
I know the following formulas, but I don't know their chronology for implementation.
- L = N^2Acmu/lg
- AcAw = L I I/KBmJ [Area Product]
- N = LI/BmAc
- lg = N^2Acmu/L
This MOSFET driver will be general as I don't have any application in my mind for this yet.
1) Please help to step by step finding each parameters and suitable core selection.
2) Is it necessary to have any application, while designing a pulse transformer?
3) Pulse transformer is not a transformer, but a coupled inductor. So design should be from inductor's perspective. Am I right?
4) Is there a way to select a ferrite core from wattage? Like this one would be 15 x 2 =30 Watts.