I am making a schematic of a PCB in Orcad Capture. I have to place a jumper. Does anyone know the part number for a jumper or the library where it can be found?

  • \$\begingroup\$ What do you mean by jumper? A 2 pin header that can be shorted on the board, or a symbol that allows you to assign multiple names to the same schematic net? \$\endgroup\$
    – Justin
    Jun 4, 2012 at 15:00
  • \$\begingroup\$ Why not create your own part? It would only take a minute or so with the PCB software I use. \$\endgroup\$ Jun 4, 2012 at 15:11

1 Answer 1


In Orcad Capture the jumper symbols are contained in the "CONNECTOR" library.

If this library has not yet been added to your project, this is how you find it:

  1. Open the "Place Part" sidebar.
  2. Open the "Search for Part" section at the bottom.
  3. Search for "JUMPER*".
  4. Double click any of the elements found to add the "CONNECTOR" library to your project.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.