I am trying to identify these components, and I couldn't find anything with just the marking. Any help is appreciated. The first picture I thought is Passive crystal/oscillator!!! enter image description here

This one is marked 2058 enter image description here

  • 3
    \$\begingroup\$ I don't like questions like this as their answer is pretty useless to everyone but you. The first one only has two leads so what can it be? Hint: it works at 12 MHz. For the second one use an SMD component list, if you cannot find it there then that's a pity. What are you going to do with this valuable info after these components have been identified anyway? \$\endgroup\$ – Bimpelrekkie Oct 9 '17 at 9:26
  • 4
    \$\begingroup\$ @Bimpelrekkie It doesn't matter if you don't like the question, these questions are acceptable to the community. So try and help people and be nice. Quote:"Questions on the repair of consumer electronics, appliances, or other devices must involve specific troubleshooting steps and demonstrate a good understanding of the underlying design of the device being repaired. See also: Is asking on how to fix a faulty circuit on topic?" electronics.meta.stackexchange.com/questions/6155/… \$\endgroup\$ – laptop2d Oct 9 '17 at 18:00
  • \$\begingroup\$ these questions are acceptable to the community To some of the community: yes. But I think there a similar number of people who are with me on this. I fail to see the relevance of such questions as they add nothing useful to this site. Also, often the people that ask do nothing with the answer. Often there is no reason that the component in question needs to be replaced. If OP would have taken the trouble to trace out the schematic, publish that here and then ask what the component could be then that could be useful as it teaches how to reverse engineer. \$\endgroup\$ – Bimpelrekkie Oct 9 '17 at 18:54
  • 2
    \$\begingroup\$ @Bimpelrekkie I have already identified two components that I am not familiar with just by checking the Related questions on the right. This is a double tiny sided pcb. It will take a lots of pictures and puzzling them to figure out the traces. The answer at the bottom is more like another question. I mentioned on my question that the first pic could be an oscillator. I did look around. I even looked at the smd markings pages and found nothing. \$\endgroup\$ – Sifaks Agizul Oct 10 '17 at 8:20
  • \$\begingroup\$ Component identification questions may be limited in future usefulness, but they are, as @laptop2d said, acceptable and have always been allowed AFAIK. Voting to leave open. \$\endgroup\$ – JYelton Oct 12 '17 at 22:58

The first one is a crystal oscillator (look at these http://www.txccrystal.com/crystal.html)

The second one seems something like a dc-dc converter, where is it placed? What kind of pcb are you analysing? Can you put a picture?

  • 4
    \$\begingroup\$ The second one seems something like a dc-dc converter Nah, looks like an opamp, LED controller, voltage regulator or a comparator. If it is a DCDC converter, where's the inductor? Anyway, it can be anything. "It looks like" means nothing as all kinds of chips are sold in these 5-pin housings. \$\endgroup\$ – Bimpelrekkie Oct 9 '17 at 9:47

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.