Does anybody know the name of the cable that should be inserted in this connector? I lost it so I cannot make a picture.

I know it is a power cable where the other side is inserted in a 200-240 V (non grounded) Dutch (European) wall socket/out.

These types come in two sizes, the most generic is slightly bigger, this one is smaller (but for both I don't know the name).

The distance between the pins is about 6 mm, the horizontal distance 11 mm, and the height around 6 mm.

Brand: Philips Type : Hair (not beard) shaver Model: (I will add this later, not near the device) Type : Power connector (other end of cable to ungrounded Dutch/Europen 220 V wall outlet/socket) Marks: (I will add this later)



The model is Philips, HC3410. I could find an adapter but those are over 30 euro including shipping (more than the entire product). However, I found via AliExpress and a Dutch site a compatibility list so I hope it will work. I will not in 2 to 8 weeks.

For those who are interested:

Compatibility list: Compability list

Adapter: Adapter at AliExpress

  • 1
    \$\begingroup\$ In the future, it would help if you described the device, manufacturer, model number, voltage if marked. \$\endgroup\$
    – user71659
    Oct 31, 2017 at 2:41
  • \$\begingroup\$ @user71659 you are fully right ... I will do when I am at my gf's house (she has the device). \$\endgroup\$ Oct 31, 2017 at 20:47

1 Answer 1


Your device is likely a Philips Norelco shaver. It is a DC low-voltage polarized connector which was used after it was decided that unconnected line-voltage cords and sinks don't mix. I believe it is proprietary, I haven't seen it anywhere else. If you want a replacement, just look for the proper charger for your model of razor.

enter image description here

  • \$\begingroup\$ I searched (forgot to put the model in my description) ... and I cannot remember it. It is a Philips shaver (for head hair, not beard). I checked for a replacement but couldn't find (it's quite old). \$\endgroup\$ Oct 31, 2017 at 9:45
  • 1
    \$\begingroup\$ The problem is they appear to vary. The one I own has an output of 8 V 100 mA (despite the shaver being marked 8 V 1 W). Ones I found online just looking for "Philips shaver adapter" seem to output 15 V. You'll have to see if the shaver is labeled. \$\endgroup\$
    – user71659
    Oct 31, 2017 at 14:44
  • \$\begingroup\$ It seems it might be tricky to find one in that case. Thanks for the info. \$\endgroup\$ Oct 31, 2017 at 14:47
  • \$\begingroup\$ Thinking about it, I bet the lower voltage is for NiMH shavers and the higher voltage for Li-Ion. \$\endgroup\$
    – user71659
    Oct 31, 2017 at 15:49
  • \$\begingroup\$ I guess your answer was closest and the connector type does not really have a name since it is proprietary. Btw, I ordered a (hopefully compatible) adapter. \$\endgroup\$ Nov 3, 2017 at 23:14

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.