I have what I've been told is one of these cables, but not sure what it means.

  • 1
    \$\begingroup\$ M/M means male to male. Never heard of an RJ34 cable before. \$\endgroup\$ – m.Alin Jun 15 '12 at 12:57
  • \$\begingroup\$ @m.Alin ah my fat finger typing, edited to 45 now, thanks \$\endgroup\$ – Toby Jun 15 '12 at 13:04
  • \$\begingroup\$ @m.Alin, sounds like an answer to me. \$\endgroup\$ – Kortuk Jun 15 '12 at 13:26
  • \$\begingroup\$ @Kortuk I have my doubts, but ok.. \$\endgroup\$ – m.Alin Jun 15 '12 at 13:34
  • 1
    \$\begingroup\$ @m.Alin If I knew more I would say it but labeling cable is almost useless to discuss because there are not serious standards for that to my knowledge. \$\endgroup\$ – Kortuk Jun 15 '12 at 13:35

M/M means male to male and it says that both ends of the cable have male connectors.

So you probably have just an usual Ethernet cable:

Ethernet cable

  • \$\begingroup\$ wow, they're big, aren't they? ;-) \$\endgroup\$ – stevenvh Jun 15 '12 at 13:42
  • \$\begingroup\$ Do you feel intimidated? :-) \$\endgroup\$ – m.Alin Jun 15 '12 at 13:43
  • 1
    \$\begingroup\$ True story: a friend of mine said this when a girl was passing, and got slapped in the face, haha. Is a running gag since. \$\endgroup\$ – stevenvh Jun 15 '12 at 13:45
  • 1
    \$\begingroup\$ Funniest thing is that he didn't mean the girl's... Anyway, we were discussing something else. \$\endgroup\$ – stevenvh Jun 15 '12 at 13:56

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.