These are the connectors you can typically find on the back of stereo head units in cars, to connect the FM radio antenna.

I measured the external diameter at ~10mm.

You can easily find a ton of such products by googling "ISO antenna connector". But they all are various kind of adapters sold on alibaba or car accessories shops. I need to find some source for the mating PCB connector, but I don't know what is the "official name" of that type of connector.

There has to be an official name, though, since it seems to be an ISO standardized connector. The number of the ISO standard it adheres to would satisfy me enough.

Here is a picture:

enter image description here

  • \$\begingroup\$ Looks more like an RCA connector \$\endgroup\$ – Trevor_G Nov 24 '17 at 21:19
  • 1
    \$\begingroup\$ @Trevor RCA doesn't fit. The center pin of the RCA is way too big, although the external diameter seems similar. \$\endgroup\$ – dim Nov 24 '17 at 21:24
  • \$\begingroup\$ This is an automotive equipment. They have their own, proprietary connectors. \$\endgroup\$ – Ale..chenski Nov 24 '17 at 21:35
  • \$\begingroup\$ It definitely looks like an ISO female antenna connector. But I have no idea where to buy them. \$\endgroup\$ – Simon B Nov 24 '17 at 22:17
  • \$\begingroup\$ check this out ebay.co.uk/bhp/… and ebay.co.uk/itm/… \$\endgroup\$ – jsotola Nov 25 '17 at 3:34

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.