I'm looking for a potentiometer without the shaft. It should be like a ring, in annular shape, so it can be mounted on an existing shaft.

I don't find anything, but I'm afraid I'm not using the proper English word to describe such a component.

  • \$\begingroup\$ i have seen the layers referred to as wafer and element ... but no idea about the name of an assembly that you add to an existing potentiometer \$\endgroup\$ – jsotola Nov 30 '17 at 17:35
  • \$\begingroup\$ Not to an existing potentiometer, but to an existing shaft, i.e. of a motor \$\endgroup\$ – Mark Nov 30 '17 at 19:53
  • 1
    \$\begingroup\$ rotary position sensor ...... something like this vishay.com/sensors/list/product-54003 and this murata.com/en-us/products/sensor/rotaryposition/sv01 \$\endgroup\$ – jsotola Dec 1 '17 at 1:26

Try image searches for

enter image description here

The first two searches give you all the dual shaft pots as found on audio and analog oscilloscopes. The latter are the most unusual.


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.