I wish to use SPI on a pin that it seems by default is not SPI, however I believe is remappable to SCL.
I am using a PIC32MZ2048EFH144 with Harmony. I have made the following assumptions:
- Pin 6 Can be remapped to SDO
- Pin 14 Can be remapped to SCK
I am attempting to confirm that this is the case, and so far I have.
- Looked at the datasheet and found that both pins are RPn pins (page 9)
6 - EBIA6/AN22/RPC1/PMA6/RC1
14 - AN14/C1IND/RPG6/SCK2/RG6
At the bottom of that page is states:
Note 1: The RPn pins can be used by remappable peripherals. See Table 1 for the available peripherals and Section 12.4 “Peripheral Pin Select (PPS)” for restrictions
Where section 12.4.2 Discusses that SPI is a remappable peripheral, as I believed, and can be remapped onto any pin with an "RP" designation
I wanted to give my thought process before asking my questions as I am new to Microchip development and therefore would like to know:
- Are my assumptions correct, and can I go forward with the thought of remapping the pins to SPI
- is there specific advice on remapping SPI pins that I should be aware of?