electric scheme
I want to model electric scheme in OrCAD from an image and I stuck on element K1 (surrounded by the red rectangle). What is this element, why do we need it, and can I find it in standard OrCAD library?


1 Answer 1


K1 is a relay coil. The coil is the black rectangle and the contacts are on the right (K1.3=NO/K1.2=COM/K1.1=NC). VD2 is the flyback or catch diode.

K is usually used for relay names on schematics.

  • \$\begingroup\$ Is there any library with this element? \$\endgroup\$
    – Kiramm
    Dec 5, 2017 at 20:36
  • \$\begingroup\$ There are relays in Orcad, or you can download a specific one, I usually use SnapEDA. \$\endgroup\$
    – Ron Beyer
    Dec 5, 2017 at 20:37
  • \$\begingroup\$ They might look differently. \$\endgroup\$
    – Eugene Sh.
    Dec 5, 2017 at 20:48
  • \$\begingroup\$ Right, there are a number of different ways to represent a relay on a schematic, but how they work is the same (as long as it has same electrical characteristics). \$\endgroup\$
    – Ron Beyer
    Dec 5, 2017 at 20:49

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.