I'm looking for a momentary button that has three positions, like a camera, so you can momentary-press halfway or momentary-press the full depth.

I don't even know what to call it, so searching 41,000 switches on Mouser doesn't help. If I can't find it I can mimic it in software, but I'd prefer to have the camera-style tactile response


1 Answer 1


I believe the search term you need is "double action".

Example https://www.ckswitches.com/media/1897/kxt2.pdf

enter image description here

  • \$\begingroup\$ thanks! I just couldn't find it without the precise word. \$\endgroup\$
    – tedder42
    Dec 16, 2017 at 19:54

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.