This connector can be found on a Kindle 3G's display (which itself is sold as Part Number ED060SC7), but I'd like to interface with it, so i need the matching socket.


  • plastic body is about 8,5mm (0.335") wide (long side)
  • all contacts combined are about 7mm (0,276") wide
  • there are 34 pins (perhaps 36 if the ones at the ends count?).
  • which would give them a distance pin-to-pin of about 0,4mm (~0.016")
  • length is about 1,5mm (0.06")
  • height (above flex-board-surface) is ~1mm (~0.04")

enter image description here

I would like to know the name of the part and who manufactures these. Extra points if somebody knows of a breakout to something tinker-friendly!


1 Answer 1


mezzanine connector

used to connect boards together in a layered fashion

this one is Panasonic AXT434124

mates with AXT334124


found by searching for technical drawings of ED060SC7

here is a breakout board that you could use (you would have to solder the connector)


  • \$\begingroup\$ thank you very much! More than I could have asked for :-) \$\endgroup\$
    – amenthes
    Commented Dec 26, 2017 at 23:45
  • \$\begingroup\$ looking for technical drawings of the whole assembly didn't come to my mind! I found a PDF and it's amazingly useful :-) Thanks again! \$\endgroup\$
    – amenthes
    Commented Dec 26, 2017 at 23:48

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.