I'm trying to repair Black and Decker Thermal Leak Detector. I was testing the 9v input from the battery when I notices the chip was cracked. I'm thinking it is a transistor, but I haven't been able to cross reference it. Any help would be grateful.enter image description here

  • \$\begingroup\$ Sorry, component U1 \$\endgroup\$ – Tom Rasmussen Jan 7 '18 at 0:59
  • \$\begingroup\$ U1 usually designates an IC ... transistors are usually Q1 ... but the manufacturer may have decided otherwise ... a schematic would be helpful. .... please add information about the model number to your question .... do not add info to comments as you have done above \$\endgroup\$ – jsotola Jan 7 '18 at 1:04
  • \$\begingroup\$ s-manuals.com/pdf/datasheet/b/g/bga6289_nxp.pdf \$\endgroup\$ – G36 Jan 7 '18 at 1:05
  • \$\begingroup\$ @G36 given the context that this is from a drill a microwave part seems rather unlikely. \$\endgroup\$ – Peter Green Jan 7 '18 at 1:15
  • \$\begingroup\$ Looks like they decided to save a penny and left out the reverse battery protection. Chances are this is a voltage regulator (linear or switching) but it's hard to tell from the part number. \$\endgroup\$ – Spehro Pefhany Jan 7 '18 at 1:26

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.