I want to connect My "USB to RS232(Male end)" to my NanoVolt Meter having RS232 male port. To make both communicate i need to make DB9 F/F serial RS232 mini gender changer. Any Circuit or suggestion will be very helpful.

Thank you.

  • 4
    \$\begingroup\$ The thing you first need to determine is if you need just the gender changer or if you need a null modem cable (rx and tx lines crossed.) \$\endgroup\$ – JRE Jan 8 '18 at 11:10

If all you need is a pure gender changer, I wouldn't bother making one because they're easy enough to buy:

enter image description here

Just search for DB9F Gender Changer or something similar.

You could make one yourself by getting two DB9F connectors and soldering nine short wires between them and using long threaded studs to link them together but it's a lot of work for nothing and it would probably cost you more in parts. But if you need to do anything more complex than simply changing gender, such as making a crossover adapter, you'll have to go down this path.

Check the data sheets for the USB converter and the meter to find out what connections you need to make.


Thank you Finbarr and JRE.

The Connection i was looking for was found in the manual of instrument:

enter image description here

Outcome:enter image description here

  • 1
    \$\begingroup\$ Glad to hear you found it. The manual is always a good place to start. \$\endgroup\$ – JRE Jan 11 '18 at 11:50

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.