I'm looking into using this display for a small project I'm working on, but I'm not positive what kind of connector it has:


What I can't tell is if it's a standard ribbon cable that'll connect with MIPI/DSI interfaces or if it's something totally different. All it says about the display is that it uses an 8bit Parallel Data with MPU (8080-series MPU).

  • \$\begingroup\$ SPI and I2C are serial, not parallel. \$\endgroup\$ Jan 10, 2018 at 18:01
  • \$\begingroup\$ Ah ok, my bad, I'll fix that part of the info. I'm still in a research and learning progress about this at the moment. \$\endgroup\$ Jan 10, 2018 at 18:02
  • \$\begingroup\$ It says the protocol is 8080 type 8 bit parallel, aka MIPI DBI. The connector is just some arbitrary pin layout. \$\endgroup\$ Jan 10, 2018 at 18:05
  • \$\begingroup\$ So in that case, do most MIPI DSI host controllers, like say on a Raspberry Pi, accept a MIPI DBI input? I've found mixed things on that when researching it a bit. There doesn't seem to be a very clear consensus on that form what I can tell. \$\endgroup\$ Jan 10, 2018 at 18:14
  • \$\begingroup\$ DSI support does not indicate anything about DBI support. However there is a high chance of the opposite because DSI and DBI doesn't overlap much in terms of time frame and market segmentation. \$\endgroup\$ Jan 10, 2018 at 19:47

1 Answer 1


FFC/FPC connectors. They are used for flex cables (the gold colored cable). Flex cables and ribbon cables are not the same. Flex cables are flexible printed circuit board.


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge that you have read and understand our privacy policy and code of conduct.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.