I'm looking for a CNC machine that can be used for different PCB manufacturing tasks such as:
- Drilling PCBs (using a rotating head)
- Pick and place (to assemble PCBs)
This CNC does not have to be heavy-duty, I'm just looking for some decent accuracy to deal with SMD parts.
- A while ago I found the Lumenlab Micro CNC which was modular and multi-function, but they seem to have stopped production.
- The RepRap seems to be a 3D printer only, I don't think you can do anything else with it.
- The Makerbot is another 3D printer.
- The ShopBot Desktop is a multi-function CNC and lathe, but only for drilling/plotting/engraving.
- The redFrog PnP machine is a low cost hobbyist Pick n Place machine that works for SMD parts. About the lowest cost machine you can find.
- The OpenPnP project documents an incomplete Pick n Place design. But you must build it yourself, nothing to buy here.