This IC must be a timer which is found in a flowmeter. Can anyone help me identify it.

Things written on it are 397C1 3310D 1611CM

enter image description here

  • 3
    \$\begingroup\$ Why do you think "it must be a timer"? It's much more likely to be an MCU. \$\endgroup\$
    – Transistor
    Jan 20, 2018 at 7:00
  • \$\begingroup\$ Related: electronics.stackexchange.com/questions/334128/… \$\endgroup\$
    – Voltage Spike
    Jan 20, 2018 at 7:22
  • \$\begingroup\$ Those 'JTAG pins' are badly soldered (at least that's what I presume them to be) \$\endgroup\$
    – Voltage Spike
    Jan 20, 2018 at 7:25
  • 1
    \$\begingroup\$ @laptop2d Could those be press-fit connectors? I've never seen them personally, so just a wild guess ;) \$\endgroup\$
    – AdrianoKF
    Jan 20, 2018 at 9:41
  • 2
    \$\begingroup\$ Next time try typing the numbers into google. It came up first hit.... \$\endgroup\$
    – Trevor_G
    Jan 20, 2018 at 12:52

1 Answer 1


It's a nordic semiconductor bluetooth chip. I don't know exactly which one, but if you want you can look through all their datasheets to find the product markings, and one of them will match up. There's also a chip antenna at the top of the picture.

  • \$\begingroup\$ Is it really a chip antenna? Looks to me like one of these 32-ish kHz crystal packages. Its placement also doesn't scream antenna to me. \$\endgroup\$ Mar 28, 2018 at 7:40

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.