What is the search keyword for PCB mount AC power connectors? I'm looking for just the metal connectors (plug and receptacle) for solder to the PCB.


I'm asking for the brass connectors shown above.

"nema pcb mount contacts" is close (found from question PCB mount AC input and output) but it return results from only one manufacturer that doesn't offer European connectors; which indicates probably there is more appopriate keyword that I can't find (yet)...

  • \$\begingroup\$ like these? heyco.com/Power_Components/… \$\endgroup\$ – jsotola Feb 3 '18 at 20:54
  • \$\begingroup\$ Just "PCB mount contacts"? Note that there likely isn't anything specific in their name for voltage or AC. You can design the same connector for any voltages \$\endgroup\$ – PlasmaHH Feb 4 '18 at 10:14

The IEC has a global designation for AC power connections. The connector shown is a "Type B" connector. Another name in the US is NEMA 5-15R, where the R means receptacle. Unfortunately, googling that with PCB Mount or Surface Mount Contacts doesn't bring up much. The only place I found was Heyco, and while they have a picture of what you are looking for on their website, they don't seem to have a corresponding part number. Perhaps you could give them a call.

| improve this answer | |

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.