I have a bed lamp that is connected to an extension cord, which happens to be very close to me. Since I don't like the idea of electricity going past my head and body—mostly all during the night—I bought a power switch to put between the lamp and extension cord. It says in the product description that it "Draws zero power when off".
However, is there current/electricity still going through the cable when the switch is turned off?
Also, the extension cord that I bought is 125V, 15A, 1875W. Since I read in my bed around an hour every day, I was also wondering, when the lamp is on, how much current is going through the cable? Is more going through because of the high amperage and wattage?
Finally, is there even any validity at all that cables close to the body/head, with extensive repetition and long periods of time, possibly be disruptive for your health? Not to start a discussion, but in this particular case.