Let me start with a disclaimer. I am a software guy who can write regular c++ or .net programs. I also write programs for arm based hand held devices using QT and C. But my idea on this electronics and ARM hardware part is very poor.
I am just trying to put together a toy handheld hardware for myself using arm kits. I have been looking up & searching google for some stuff like "Arm Development board" , "arm stamp module" etc.,
I understand that arm stamp module is something like a final production PCB. The development board is for some evaluation software development kit.
Just tried looking up stackexchange for
But I want to know how to build my own reader with the following.
- arm processor
- usb, rs232/UART, LAN, power adapter
- keyboard facility
- some kind of TFT monitor etc.,
Please do understand that I do not want the entire design or whatsoever. But need an idea of
- How a arm development board (viz. mini6410) will help me in achieving this?
- or do I need to use something else to design my own arm hardware?
- or is it like regular circuit design with resistors/capacitors/arm processor/transistors/diodes etc.,?
Am just trying to put the puzzle pieces together and they are not matching to me yet..
Any pointers to good resources to understanding the whole picture would be appreciated.