I am designing a circuit to control LED drivers. The main characteristics are the following:
- The circuit is powered through the electrical network (230 VAC)
- It has three types of dimming outputs: 0-10V, PWM and DALI.
- In addition, the circuit has a mechanical relay to control the AC supply for the LED driver.
I have a prototype that works acceptably well but I have questions about the isolation. I have read in the forum about isolation (link1;link2) but I can not solve my question. I had thought of using two isolated GNDs and two isolated converters: one to convert 230 VAC to 12 VDC and another from 12 VDC to 12 VDC to obtain an isolated power supply for subcircuits: DALI, PWM and 0-10V. A simplified schematic is shown below.
I have many questions, but mainly these two:
- Is the insulation correct? If not, what should be corrected?
- Is isolation unnecessary or is it only necessary to isolated a part of the schematic?