Can someone please explain to me in simple terms how is it possible to have high voltage and low current and low voltage and high current and what actually does harm to human body.
Here is what I don't understand:
12V / 1000 Ohm = 0.012A (12mA)
300V / 1000 Ohm = 0.3A (300mA)
So if I go and touch 12V battery terminals, my body is 1000 Ohms 12mA of current flow through me and it is safe.
Then if I go and touch 300V battery terminals and 300mA of current flow through me it is fatal.
Yet 12V battery vehicles have fuses rated for 30A and more. Well, that means if there is a short etc. 30A will flow through a wire and break the fuse.
30A in a short circuit wire with a 12V is safe and 0.3A is a 300V is not? How is this possible?