Now I want to build stuff and I'm really interested in learning things (consider I'm starting from scratch).
So I'm reading all of this website and the following line in this article got me scratching my head for some time:
[about the power rating of a circuit]
Likewise, if we have a short-circuit condition, current flow is present but there is no voltage V = 0, therefore 0 x I = 0 so again the power dissipated within the circuit is 0.
I'm quite sure that you can melt stuff when connecting it to both ends of a battery. Not that I tried it myself but even touching both ends of an AAA battery with a metal wire produces sparkles and heat. Is it really correct that there is no power dissipated within the circuit in a short-circuit condition?
Also, I remember that there couldn't be an electron flow in a circuit if there was no voltage drop between both ends of the circuit. Then, isn't the line I quoted kind of contradictory?