I was asked to bought some equipment to measure the current consumption for the IoT devices. The company is a startup and has a limited budget for this (let's say less than 5k$).
I'm looking for an instrument that can:
- Capture the sleep current (around a few uA)
- Capture the active current (around a few mA)
- Capture the transmiting current (around a few hundred mA)
- Can store the recorded samples in file (about 100 millions samples or more). Testing time can last for 1-2 days to estimate the battery life.
- Sample rate >= 1 KSamples/s
Would you please suggest me some names (DMM or oscilloscope)? Do I need a current probe for this purpose?