I have 12v power source Mean well PSC-60A with UPS function and acid buttery. In datasheet says, that output can be regulated from 12-15V - but it's not true, because tested results for output was:
- from 11v(when not connected to 220v and buttery discharged)
- to 13.8v(when connected to 220v and battery charged)
- impossible to regulate output to 12v on charging(min about 13v)
- regulating output voltage affects to battery charging voltage (
How to get a output with voltage of not more than <=12 volts (+/- 0.5V) with max 2A load on peak (avg load 500-800mA) from this 11-13.8v source ?
Output should be less or equal to 12v.
Which option is better, how right:
- use DC-DC buck converter, like D-SUN MP1584 ?
- or simple shunt regulator with zener like 1SMB5927BT3G ?