I am trying to control my ventilator with a relay. I have found schematics of how to install it. Basically, I would like to immitate a wall switch with a relay to start the ventilator. The board of the ventilator has a weird connector I have never seen before. Does anyone know, what kind of connector is this? I would like to have a "clean" connection with my relay.

Connector top view Connector front view

Thanks a lot!

  • 2
    \$\begingroup\$ It looks like a PCB edge connector, where another PCB slots into that connector. There would be copper "fingers" on the PCB to line up with the terminals, and a slot to mate with the key on the connector pictured. \$\endgroup\$ – Simon B Apr 15 '18 at 22:09
  • \$\begingroup\$ I'm with Simon in thinking it's probably an edge connector. If this is a one-off project and you don't have the other end that plugs into it, I'd be looking to replace it for a more standard Molex connector or directly soldered wire leads. \$\endgroup\$ – Phil C Apr 15 '18 at 22:24
  • \$\begingroup\$ Thanks a lot! It makes sense now. As far as I understand the board should enter the space in the middle. Luckily I have some grid boards with edges suitable for such contacts (8x)! I will try it to see if it fits. I guess I will also have to cut one in the middle to fit in there. \$\endgroup\$ – Genom Apr 15 '18 at 23:09

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.