I have several questions about how I would design my own ARM-based CPU?
- How does one start with an ARM license and end up with a package ready to be soldered on to a board?
- What do I get from ARM (I am sure they have multiple license options to dish out - Architecture License (Qualcomm Snapdragon style) and Core License (TI OMAP style))?
- What tools do I need to proceed once I have 'that something' from ARM?
- What do I send to the fab?
- I believe only certain foundaries are licensed to etch an ARM core on to a silicon wafer. Am I right?
- As a student, can I afford to do this on an FPGA? How do I get hands on experience for something like this?