I'm trying to replace the tip on my soldering iron. I got it a few years ago and quickly destroyed the tip. The problem is the iron is generic, and I cannot find any markings to identify the correct tip size. Here are a photo and some measurements.

enter image description here

They look alot like this set, but appear to be too short.

Here is a photo of the station:

enter image description here

Here is a more detailed photo of the pen. The hollow shaft goes through the entire tip.

enter image description here

  • 1
    \$\begingroup\$ What soldering iron do you have? That's pretty important \$\endgroup\$
    – MCG
    May 7, 2018 at 21:28
  • \$\begingroup\$ AFAIK it's a Velleman/Nippon tip. Check this ebay.com/itm/… \$\endgroup\$
    – Archimedes
    May 7, 2018 at 22:16
  • \$\begingroup\$ I am attaching additional photos. \$\endgroup\$
    – J Atkin
    May 7, 2018 at 22:46
  • \$\begingroup\$ @Archimedes I think you are correct. Those look identical, the length matches, and the compatible stations look exactly like mine. Thank you very much! \$\endgroup\$
    – J Atkin
    May 7, 2018 at 22:53
  • \$\begingroup\$ @Archimedes You should write that as an answer so this question can be marked answered! \$\endgroup\$
    – Kevin Reid
    May 8, 2018 at 16:37

1 Answer 1


As far as I know, it's a Velleman VTSS5 or Nippon 79B100SS soldering stations tip. You can get one here.


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.