If I bought some of these connectors.

enter image description here

Is there an easy way to connect two of the green terminal blocks together? i.e. I would end up with a male to male DC adaptor.

Could I do this without having to use a cable that connects both of the green ends together?

Can I insert a double headed pin connector directly into a terminal block (you know the ones you get as part of universal charging kits).

Or does such a connector already exist?

  • 1
    \$\begingroup\$ Why are you asking this after having already bought the parts? \$\endgroup\$ Commented Jun 2, 2018 at 11:13
  • \$\begingroup\$ I know of no specially designed part. it's use steel wire (EG: paperclip, MIG WELING) if strength is most important or solid copper wire if electrical resistance is more important. \$\endgroup\$ Commented Jun 2, 2018 at 11:13
  • \$\begingroup\$ I did say if I bought these parts.... \$\endgroup\$ Commented Jun 2, 2018 at 11:42
  • \$\begingroup\$ @jasen - I would never have considered a paperclip, but might be worth a go for curiosities sake \$\endgroup\$ Commented Jun 2, 2018 at 11:49
  • \$\begingroup\$ That would be "If I buy these parts ...*". \$\endgroup\$
    – Transistor
    Commented Jun 2, 2018 at 12:32

2 Answers 2


Go find an electrician, and ask him (or her) for 6 inches of standard wiring cable for connecting junction boxes. Take this home and cut off the insulation. You'll have 3 six-inch lengths of solid 14 or 12 gauge wire. Stick one end of one piece into your terminal strip and measure the depth. Double this. Now cut two pieces of that length. Stick them into one terminal block and tighten. Now take the second block and rotate it 180 degrees so the screws are on the other side from the first, insert the wire, butt the two strips firmly together and tighten. Now wrap the blocks with 3 or 4 wraps of insulating tape (not scotch tape or masking tape) and you're done.

Note that if you butt the two blocks with the screws facing in the same direction you'll swap the inner and outer conductors of the cylindrical section.


You can try using two short lengths of stiff wire. Cut the wires just long enough so that the two parts abut with the wires sticking most of the way into the connectors. It looks like maybe two ½ or ¾ inch pieces of #12 or #14 wire would do it and be stiff enough for the result to feel like one unit. Add gobs of hot glue or epoxy and you're done.

Note that you need to flip the two connectors upside down from each other to connect outside to outside and center to center.


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.