I have been looking into Lithium Ion batteries, things such as the 18650 lithium ion battery; however, the details are confusing me.
I am attempting to extract 5V 4.4 Amps (Peltier element powered runs at 5V4A, Fan at 5V .4 Amps) from the smallest Lithium-Ion battery (or batteries) possible.
Before I go into Parallel, I was wondering if someone could help me out on how to find a battery with these specifications, either a single battery, or putting 2 smaller batteries in Parallel.
What I know:
- Parallel is less than desireable
- You can discharge batteries at whatever rate you want, but it becomes more efficient to draw 4A from different batteries, say, not 18650s.
- Different temperatures affect discharge.
- Nominal voltages don't come at 5V, so getting to 5V is a challenge.
- Is it better to try to find a battery whose nominal voltage is at 12V, so that I can discharge at a lower amperage? Where would I find a 12v/7.6V battery that's small as a 18650 but can kick out the power needed? Thank you
Time to Run: I would hope that the setup lasts for around 1.5 hours of run time, and 1 hour is fine but no less. I am willing to run the batteries in parallel, but i'm trying to keep costs down and size small.
If the 18650 battery a must? Are there other batteries that may be better suited?