I have a voltage signal and I want to design a circuit that can do squaring of this signal ( raise it to power 2). For example when I read the output, instead of having 2 V I get 2^2= 4 V.

Is there a way to achieve that?


  • \$\begingroup\$ Consider something related to the MC1496? \$\endgroup\$ – jonk Jun 28 '18 at 6:25
  • \$\begingroup\$ Here's a question I asked before about analog multiplication, I believe the answers will help you. \$\endgroup\$ – Harry Svensson Jun 28 '18 at 6:29

Use an analogue multiplierr (basically a kind of VCA) and apply the signal to both inputs. Take care about headroom though.


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.