I have a motherboard, that requires a DC input. The manual has this:


I'm trying to find a power brick, but all bricks I can find usually have +12V/-12V on pins or shell and no ground.

enter image description here

Can I use them? Or can I modify them?


This is exactly what you need, "-12V" goes to "GND", and "+12V" goes to "DC_IN". You don't need to modify anything if your have the pinout shown in your second picture. This is a common wiring for "Power-DIN" connector. Keep in mind however, that pinout of power supplies sometimes use different pin assignment.


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.