I would like to design an nxn IR long range break beam sensors and place them on a table with receiver at one side and transmitter over the other
Length of the table is 155 cm and width is about 140 cm.
The idea is, to place an array of IR break beam sensors. Any object that falls within the IR grid, needs to be detected and the signal needs to be sent to an arduino / micro controller
Below is a high level sketch:
- Objects that needs to detected within the IR grid ,are of ping pong ball sizes
- I need to send the output(whether a beam got broken or not) in the digital form to a micro controller
- Finally, from the micro controller ,i am planning to transmit the data via blue-tooth to a smartphone.
I have just started to think about 2)
Did some googling and came across this https://youtube.com/watch?v=1vBegJTG-vE&t=7s
In my case, i will have to use multiple such sensors.
- Could anyone throw me some pointers on the direction i need to take ?
- Do i need to design a PCB which would comprise of several sensors?