I have a machine (a machine with seven three-phase motors) with this information on its nameplate:
400 V, 50 Hz
100 A, 40 kW
I am wondering:
- Is 100 A for all three phases or only for one phase?
- What does it mean by 400V? Line to line voltage? Or the phase one?
- Is 40 kW the maximum power consumption? Or I should consider the reactive power and provide a larger power source such as 50 kVA? Also is it for all phases?
- What size of wire should I choose?
5. How was the power, 40 kW, calculated? 400V x 100A = 40kW? So what about P = sqrt(3) * VL * IL?
Environment: My machine has 7 three-phase motors. Local electricity line: 220V, 50Hz, each phase.