I'm looking for some information for the type of the connector this drone is using.

My nephew lost his charging cable for it and he can't reachage it anymore.

Can someone provide me with information if this connector has a specific name that I can look for or it's some proprietary connector that can't be found.

Below is a close up image on the connector in question and here is the link to the drone itself: https://uae.souq.com/ae-en/taiyo-water-drone-29717429/i/

Any info will be much appreciated.

enter image description here

  • \$\begingroup\$ That look like standard cheap drones USB charger connector such as amazon.com/Syma-X5C-USB-Charging-Cable/dp/B00P2XIEAI \$\endgroup\$
    – Eugene Sh.
    Commented Aug 16, 2018 at 18:24
  • \$\begingroup\$ Thanks for the info, if I can't find something similar I will figure some DIY solution. \$\endgroup\$
    – drip
    Commented Aug 16, 2018 at 18:55
  • \$\begingroup\$ @EugeneSh. Mating male to male? Very contemporary of you :) \$\endgroup\$
    – Maple
    Commented Aug 16, 2018 at 20:10
  • 1
    \$\begingroup\$ It looks similar to JST RCY connector, but not quite the same. You can buy a mating pair and replace both plug and socket. \$\endgroup\$
    – Maple
    Commented Aug 16, 2018 at 20:26
  • \$\begingroup\$ It depends what the charger side port looks like. \$\endgroup\$ Commented Aug 16, 2018 at 21:51

1 Answer 1


It rather looks like "SYMA-X5C-X5S-X5SC-X5SW-X5HW-X5A-1-X5HC-RC-Quadcopter-Lithium-Battery-Connectors-Battery-Charging" connector,

enter image description here

You need the red end, whichever the name is. JST connectors do not have the split/notch.


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.