Can someone help me find out what type of LVDS cable I have and point me in the direction of an adaptor to HDMI. Thanks.

Backstory: I recently had to throw out an old Sony Vaio All in one PC and decided to take out the monitor as it was nice and also touchscreen. After searching around for adapters from LVDS to HDMI I realised the ports on the internet were different from the ones I have. Searching for the model and other things didn't seem to come up with anything. Here's some pictures: - the Cable

And the original port on the old motherboard: Old mobo

The monitor also has a few other cables which would be handy for someone to explain thier uses and what they are. other connectors I realise I'm asking a lot but if anyone knows anything please reply, Thanks.


The left 2 pairs and the right 2 pairs go to CCFL tubes.

  • \$\begingroup\$ and just to save others the trouble of googling, CCFL = cold cathode fluorescent lamp \$\endgroup\$ – vicatcu Sep 2 '18 at 16:29
  • \$\begingroup\$ Or, in other words, the backlight. \$\endgroup\$ – jcaron Sep 2 '18 at 16:41
  • \$\begingroup\$ @Albert it is a good idea to edit those comments in to your answer. \$\endgroup\$ – Solar Mike Sep 2 '18 at 17:26

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.