I thought it was called a "jog dial" but I can't find any parts by that name.

enter image description here

enter image description here

There are five pins on the back and one on each side.

What is it called and how can I find a replacement?

It is similar to this momentary switch but it does not have the same number of pins and may actually be an entirely different component: https://www.ebay.com/itm/231618098407


2 Answers 2


These switches are called and categorized in several ways:

  • Navigation Switch
  • Lever Switch
  • Tactile Switch

The first ones I found are from Multicomp and they have three pins MCPL3-BC-V and MCPL3-AC-V. Also similar ones from APEM PL3BCV. Next I found LY series from AKEYS (also have different branding). See picture below: Navigation Lever Switches

As you can see there is 5pin version LY-K8-02, although the handle looks not the same. And lastly I found that switches are also manufactured by JIANFU but seems no 5pin there.

  • \$\begingroup\$ I'm accepting this as it names the part and closely matches the unit in the photos. There may not be a direct replacement available anymore or the part may have been customized with a different handle. \$\endgroup\$
    – Zhro
    Oct 15, 2021 at 20:13
  • \$\begingroup\$ I just dig up this link pengxinkj.com/ProductsShow_en.asp?id=113. This looks like the best match. Model number MT11MG. \$\endgroup\$
    – Rusk Box
    Oct 15, 2021 at 20:14

The generic name for this seems to be: 5-way navigation switch.

Using google I looked at a lot of pictures of this type of switch but did not spot one that use 5 SMD terminals all in one row like your pictures show.


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.