I want to buy some replacement batteries and the best priced ones come with bare wires. I would therefore need to attach my own connector to the end.

What is the name if this type of connector and how can I go about identifying this one specifically (which parts do I measure)? I will also need the metal clips that attach to the wires. What are those called and what kind if tool would I need to attach them?

enter image description here

  • \$\begingroup\$ That type of battery is often supplied with some form of connector from JST, which might help you find it. \$\endgroup\$
    – Hearth
    Oct 12, 2018 at 0:22
  • \$\begingroup\$ Unless you're doing a lot of these, your best bet might be to spend extra money for the pre-installed connectors. The crimping tools can be expensive. See here for general information on how to crimp/assemble similar connectors. \$\endgroup\$
    – bitsmack
    Oct 12, 2018 at 7:14

1 Answer 1


This is a 1mm pitch micro JST "SH" connector (part number SHR-02V-S-B) and is available from DigiKey.

SH is the name of a specific series of connectors by JST Sales America, Inc.

  • 2
    \$\begingroup\$ SH stands for Super Hard to disconnect without breaking them. \$\endgroup\$
    – Passerby
    Oct 12, 2018 at 14:07
  • 1
    \$\begingroup\$ @Passerby So true! I often use a tiny flat-bladed screwdriver to work these out to avoid ripping the wires from the terminals. \$\endgroup\$ Oct 12, 2018 at 15:12
  • \$\begingroup\$ I couldn't fit even my smallest precision flat head in there to free the cable. I ended up having to use an x-acto knife to get in there and pull away locking mechanism. I wonder if there is an easier way. \$\endgroup\$
    – Zhro
    Oct 12, 2018 at 16:13

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.