Does anyone know what these pins are called? This is a pager from paging system used in certain restaurants. I'd like to know what it's called as I want to use it in my device's design. I need to know what socket is used with it, but that would be easier to find if I can find the pin :)

enter image description here

  • \$\begingroup\$ It looks like a custom design - not something one can find off-the-shelf. \$\endgroup\$ – mike65535 Oct 17 '18 at 15:32
  • \$\begingroup\$ @Mike these type of pins are off the shelf components. \$\endgroup\$ – Passerby Oct 17 '18 at 16:34

They appear to be what is know by the brand name "pogo-pins", which I believe are officially called "spring contact pin".

Quite a few manufacturers do them. They tend to be expensive and have a low current rating compared to other contacts, but are useful in that they are so versatile, as only exposed metal is all that's required as a mating half. Often small ones are used on on test pads of PCBs to do production line tests.

EDIT: just noticed you ask to find the mating half in your question. This type of contact often just contact to a bit of metal in some custom designed housing. But they are also used with a proper contacter, which as a profile to match the pin (in this instance the pin has sharp spike, so the official mating half would have suitable cone indent in it).


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.