I was wondering if anyone knows of a simple tool that gives you something like a heat map that is resistance to ground of different parts of the ground plane in a PCB. What I am particularly after is working out where there are long paths to ground (EMC) and or large enclosed areas between signal and signal's ground path. Also, if there is a single track that is forming the link between one large area of ground plane and another.

I am using Eagle so something that worked within Eagle would be great (e.g. script), but a separate tool that takes gerbers is another option.

  • \$\begingroup\$ Asking for a tool to do something is off-topic. A common work-around is to ask how to do something in a tool of your choice (Eagle). Doing some research and sharing results also improves your chances of your question getting the good kind of attention. \$\endgroup\$ – Dmitry Grigoryev Oct 29 '18 at 8:41

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.