I am looking for a Buck-Boost converter design that can take an input of 85 or 90 vrms to 265 Vrms. I would like the output to be in the range of 112-115V (DC) and current at least 150mA (dc). The overall power output at least 17Watts

Please Help I’ve been searching for a few days now and cannot find. *Found a few by Fairchild however they will not work due to size of the transformer *

  • \$\begingroup\$ there is no transformer in buck boost converter. \$\endgroup\$ – Standard Sandun Sep 14 '12 at 18:49

In general, this sort of "universal" AC-input power supply is going to be done as two separate stages: a boost converter (optionally including power factor correction) that creates a loosely-regulated 400VDC bus, and then a buck regulator that converts that to your output voltage, using a transformer to achieve isolation from the mains.

As an alternative, you might consider purchasing an off-the-shelf switching power supply rated at, say, 24V @ 1A (this would give you your isolation and most of your required certifications) and then use a relatively simple boost regulator to convert this to 112-115V @ 150 mA.


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.