This is from a JVC TD R272 tape deck.

Broken off connector

An FFC (Flat Flex cable) from the head to the board goes into it. I snapped it due to impatience. Can someone tell me the name of the white PCB header socket? It has six contacts on the base and the six conductor FFC slides into it.

The socket connector leaning against the PCB with the six contacts it sat into, some of the contacts are still in place.

The connector on its side

View of PCB from below:

From below

The remnants of the contacts on top.

The remnants of the contacts

The FFC that fits into the socket:

End of FFC that slides into block

  • \$\begingroup\$ It sounds like you are looking for a header or possibly a connector with IDC pins, however your pictures are far from helpful. Show a picture of the mating connector or the at least the mating side of the connector. are there any markings on the connector? \$\endgroup\$
    – Robert Fay
    Nov 2, 2018 at 18:13
  • \$\begingroup\$ You may find it easiest to replace this with some other sort of connection. The nature of the ribbon will be as important to figuring that out as the broken pieces of connector. \$\endgroup\$ Nov 2, 2018 at 18:15
  • \$\begingroup\$ please post pictures that show the actual pins ..... make sure that there is no reflection .... the second picture that you posted has reflection that obscures detail \$\endgroup\$
    – jsotola
    Nov 2, 2018 at 18:21
  • \$\begingroup\$ I've added more, software is not playing ball. Thanks for help \$\endgroup\$
    – PaulG
    Nov 2, 2018 at 18:39
  • 1
    \$\begingroup\$ Take a look at WM6444-ND digikey.com/product-detail/en/molex-llc/0039532064/WM6444-ND/… this would be an FFC connector. Can't tell from your pics though. If it is verttcal maybe something lime WM1175-ND digikey.com/product-detail/en/molex-llc/0520300629/WM1175-ND/… \$\endgroup\$
    – Robert Fay
    Nov 2, 2018 at 18:56

1 Answer 1


I don't know what the pitch is on that cable, but I'm willing to bet it's 1mm

Maybe one like this:

enter image description here

This one
Or This one
Or these connectors


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.