Do you know this connector? I tried in vain for hours using a variety of search terms.

Pitch is 2.54 mm and width of arc-bent contact is 1.4 mm. I just wish to find a part number, manufacturer and/or a different connector that is very similar to this.

2.54mm pitch connector


enter image description here

  • \$\begingroup\$ SMD of the same connector above would suffice, too. The arc-bent part on top is what I need. \$\endgroup\$ – mlomailom Nov 6 '18 at 14:04
  • \$\begingroup\$ Oh! I didn't understand, I thought the bent part was the leads you'd solder.to a board; my suggestion wouldn't work. \$\endgroup\$ – Hearth Nov 6 '18 at 14:05
  • \$\begingroup\$ It would be helpful if you would state how it is used. What connects to the bent parts? To their lower or upper surface? Are you trying to repair something such that alternatives might work, or are you trying to source this for new production? \$\endgroup\$ – Chris Stratton Nov 6 '18 at 14:26
  • \$\begingroup\$ @ChrisStratton Added. Dimensions aren't that important as I'm looking for something similar. It's for a prototype initially. Mass production is too far off to prepare for it right now. \$\endgroup\$ – mlomailom Nov 7 '18 at 8:57
  • \$\begingroup\$ When you say "card", is that a PCB with a hole on its side or like stacked PCBs? \$\endgroup\$ – gustavovelascoh Nov 7 '18 at 12:00

That looks to me like one of these oldschool LCD panel connectors. One would use two and slot the LCD glass inbetween:

The connectors:


Type of LCDs used with those:

an LCD used with said connectors

I haven't looked anywhere as to where can one source them for any serious production runs; but I hope this might point you in the right direction.


I am in no way affiliated with said shop; I just once found those on there.

  • \$\begingroup\$ Perfect! Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for your research. \$\endgroup\$ – mlomailom Nov 12 '18 at 9:04
  • \$\begingroup\$ Nice one! I read almost the whole catalogue from Molex, Amphenol and Hirose and did not find any similar connector. \$\endgroup\$ – gustavovelascoh Nov 12 '18 at 14:16

Similar, but different. Surface mount compression contacts. https://www.digikey.com/short/j02v3j enter image description here

  • \$\begingroup\$ Thanks. It helps, but it isn't a solution for me right now. I'll keep looking for the origin of the original part I'm looking for, though. \$\endgroup\$ – mlomailom Nov 7 '18 at 8:59

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.