We are currently in the process of creating Hardware-Test-Boards where we want to "plug-in" our PCB's and do a couple of tests. Our Boards have a rather complicated shape and are mostly surface mounted. Thus we have a hard and error-prone time to figure out, how to automate our tests due to connectivity issues.

Recently I found something on the Omega2s that would perfectly fit our needs.

enter image description here

The HDK of the Omega2s features those nifty little springs to plug in the sourface-mounted Omega2s which are holding it snug in place. But we are unable to find those Springs on e.g. Mouser and Digikey.

How are they called? Where do I find some?

(We already have a footprint, just one hole and a long-hole).

  • \$\begingroup\$ I bet onion.io could tell you, and let you know about any special requirements, if any, at the same time. \$\endgroup\$ Nov 15, 2018 at 10:40
  • 1
    \$\begingroup\$ @AndrewMorton we already contacted onion.io but they only tell us generic stuff that an engineer will contact us, "soon". A BOM is also not available. At least we found none. \$\endgroup\$
    – bam
    Nov 15, 2018 at 11:28
  • 1
    \$\begingroup\$ Those are "spring contacts". I don't know where to buy exactly these, but you can buy them similar things as battery connectors for e.g. the old exchangeable lithium batteries in pre-smart-era phones. \$\endgroup\$ Nov 15, 2018 at 11:40
  • 1
    \$\begingroup\$ Do a search for "Pogo Pins" \$\endgroup\$
    – EE_socal
    Nov 15, 2018 at 17:02
  • \$\begingroup\$ Tag-Connect sells something similar. \$\endgroup\$
    – Jeroen3
    Jan 4, 2019 at 22:54

1 Answer 1


Mill-Max (mill-max.com) makes a huge variety of spring-loaded contacts, some forms of which are commonly known as "pogo pins". They come in a variety of shapes, sizes, spring travel, and (most important) shape of the contact end of the pin. Digikey carries a lot of them.

You'll also need some kind of jig to hold the part under test firmly against the contacts, but presumably you already know this.

  • 1
    \$\begingroup\$ Those are not pogo pins. The question is about the wire looking things around the hole in the pictured PCB. \$\endgroup\$
    – JRE
    Jan 4, 2019 at 22:40

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.