I have an IC that I need to replace by a small PCB. IC is currently plugged in the 44-pin PLCC socket. Is there a way I can keep this socket in place? That is, can I somehow "plug" this new PCB (which I will use instead of IC) into the 44-pin PLCC socket?

PCB is not yet designed, so I have flexibility of adding various pins or adapters.

PLCC Socket looks something like this: PLCC socket looks something like this



1 Answer 1


The answer seems to be "yes but it's gonna cost you".

A quick google for "PLCC test plug" turned up https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/plcc-sockets/2446896/

  • \$\begingroup\$ Yes, something like this I also found. I wondered if someone had experience with creating a PCB with pins that could fit this socket. \$\endgroup\$
    – DenR
    Nov 20, 2018 at 0:38

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.