Does anybody know what is this symbol in spice? enter image description here

I think this is something like Gate Drive or Level Shifter, but I want to know the exact part name or something like this part.

  • 2
    \$\begingroup\$ Can you give some context as to the design this is in? Possibly a full schematic? If the part number isn't given, that means you probably won't be able to find the exact part number used in this design. That's like saying "here's the schematic symbol for a transistor, what part number transistor is it". \$\endgroup\$ Nov 30, 2018 at 14:41
  • 1
    \$\begingroup\$ But it's almost certainly not a level shifter. \$\endgroup\$ Nov 30, 2018 at 14:48
  • 1
    \$\begingroup\$ Not to mention that ”spice” stands for a wide family of different software simulation tools, most of which allow for the creation of custom symbols. \$\endgroup\$ Nov 30, 2018 at 14:49
  • 1
    \$\begingroup\$ Post the model parameters. \$\endgroup\$
    – Andy aka
    Nov 30, 2018 at 15:07
  • \$\begingroup\$ Given the symbol is shown to be interfacing between TTL levels and a MOSFET gate, why is this symbol not that of a gate-driver? \$\endgroup\$ Nov 30, 2018 at 16:34

1 Answer 1


It looks like a gain block with an output limiter. Gain is 4. Upper and lower output limits are 20 and 0 respectively.

  • \$\begingroup\$ do you know its spice name?? \$\endgroup\$ Nov 30, 2018 at 15:47
  • \$\begingroup\$ Yes - it is called "gain limit". \$\endgroup\$
    – LvW
    Nov 30, 2018 at 16:43

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.