- Are there LED Dimmers that are "always on" and whose settings survive loss of power?
I am considering a more or less standard led-strip set (consisting of power transformer/driver, dimmer/controller and led strip) for installation behind a mirror in the toilet. I need the dimmer only to set the desired brightness once. After initial setting, it will be sitting behind the mirror, and dimming should be constant. No remote control is needed.
The LED set will be mounted where there used to be a standard 220V light bulb. The 220V driver of the LED set would be turned on/off using the existing 220V light switch on the opposite wall.
This leads to my issue: the dimmer/controller should automatically come back on after loss of power. Also it should preserve its dimming setting.
- Does this exist? All controllers I've found have an on/off switch or come with a remote control, which makes me fear they will be off after loss of power.
- Does this depend on the brand or type of controller? I couldn't find any documentation on this. Is there a specific term I should be looking for?
- Can you name a few brands/types that provide this behavior?
- Is this "good practice"? I don't see direct alternatives due to existing cabling in the wall.
Thanks for any insights.
** edit ** this is for 12V or 24V, white led strip (about 1.5 meter)