I'm having difficulty identifying some surface mount components on a video card I'm attempting to repair (They have been knocked off).

I have a working card which i can use as reference- attached below is a picture of the video card pcb with the unknown components highlighted in red.


So far my best guess is:

  • D507 - "76t" - 3 legs - Diode?
  • U506 - "6EF" - 5 legs - IC (Voltage Regulator)?
  • Q130 - "MA5" - 6 legs - Transistor?

I can remove these components from the working card if there are likely to be further markings on the back of them / take some readings to help narrow down what they are...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

  • \$\begingroup\$ Welcome to EE.SE. Please don't guess. Have you tried to Google those part numbers, as we can do no more than that? The key is to find the manufacture first based on the part number sequence, then search the manufactures website for specific numbers. \$\endgroup\$ – Sparky256 Dec 24 '18 at 3:40
  • \$\begingroup\$ If you google "SMD marking", you are offered a variety of lists of SMD codes and their meaning and, while not always, with a little patience you can Identify your component. Otherwise, if you already know the producer, proceeding as described by @Sparky256 in their comment is the best way. \$\endgroup\$ – Daniele Tampieri Dec 24 '18 at 8:49

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.