I'm trying to repair a water damaged PCB. Wondering if anyone has any ideas how to identify these two components.

enter image description here



closed as off-topic by Nick Alexeev Apr 30 at 0:15

This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:

  • "Questions on the repair of consumer electronics, appliances, or other devices must involve specific troubleshooting steps and demonstrate a good understanding of the underlying design of the device being repaired. See also: Is asking on how to fix a faulty circuit on topic?" – Nick Alexeev
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

  • \$\begingroup\$ Possible duplicate of electronics.stackexchange.com/… \$\endgroup\$ – Sunnyskyguy EE75 Dec 29 '18 at 7:46
  • \$\begingroup\$ Qxx usually refers to transistors. 6B is not much info, but it's most likely a generic npn transistor \$\endgroup\$ – thece Dec 29 '18 at 7:46

You could unsolder them and check if there are any markings on the backside of the component. They might not be dead and just need to be resoldered.

Here is a ressource to find components based on their markings

As the comment mentioned, they are likely MOSFET or BJT given the Q markings (they also can be other less common transistors like JFET).

Possible matches for the 6b Here

And for the TG Here

Q17 Might be 2sk302

Q18 might be BC817-25

You can go through the list and check the datasheets for size match.


Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.